What You Need to Know
The UC Medicare Supplement PPO plans are designed to enhance your overall well-being. All plans offer programs to help you better manage life’s challenges and stresses and support your physical health, including many ongoing health conditions.
LiveHealth Online Psychology
Discuss sensitive topics with a therapist in the privacy and comfort of your own home (or other private location), either through online video or by phone.
Through LiveHealth Online, you can also see psychiatrists who can help you manage mental health medications you’re taking. The service is confidential and is available within the U.S. to all eligible family members.
Providers are highly trained professionals who can evaluate and treat general mental health conditions in patients age 10 and older, including:
- Family and relationship issues
- Panic attacks
- Stress from coping with sickness
Appointments are available to you and any family members enrolled in a UC medical plan. In most cases, you can speak with a therapist within four days.
Cost: You pay a $20 copayment for psychologist/therapist and psychiatry visits. The medical plan deductible does not apply to this service. Your copayment will count toward your plan’s out-of-pocket maximum.
Book an appointment online at a time and date that’s convenient for you — including evenings and weekends. Log in to LiveHealth Online to get started.
Anthem Behavioral Health Resource Center
The licensed clinicians at the Anthem Behavioral Health Resource Center can help with issues ranging from depression and eating disorders to substance misuse. Call (844) 792-5141.
Here’s how they can help:
- Provide emergency or urgent behavioral health guidance, support and information
- Answer questions about behavioral health services, providers and hospitals
- Support you in making appropriate treatment decisions
- Identify providers with behavioral health specialties you need
- Coordinate behavioral health, EAP and medical services
Learn to Live
Change your mind. Change your life.
- Personalized, one-on-one coaching. Team up with an experienced coach who can provide support and encouragement by email, text or phone.
- Practice mindfulness on the go. Receive weekly text messages filled with positivity, quick tips and exercises to improve your mood.
- Build a support team. Add friends and family members as “teammates.” They can help you stay motivated and accountable while you work through programs.
- Live and on-demand webinars. Learn how to improve mental well-being with useful tips and advice from experts.
Take a quick assessment to find the program that’s right for you. To access Learn to Live, log in to anthem.com/ca, go to My Health Dashboard, choose Programs, and select Emotional Well-being Resources.
24/7 access to a team of health professionals, including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, social workers and others, who can answer questions, provide advice, and help you manage your symptoms.
Here’s how they can help:
- Eating healthier
- How to get more exercise
- How to quit smoking
- Pain management
- What your symptoms could mean
To sign up, call the number on the back of your Anthem ID card and let them know you’re interested in the ConditionCare program. A nurse will ask a few questions to help identify your needs. Or call Anthem Health Guide toll-free at (844) 437-0486, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. PT, except holidays.