What You Need to Know
Accolade can help PPO members with everything from finding a doctor or therapist to resolving claims issues.
Your Personal Health Care Advocate
Accolade doesn't change your medical benefits; it makes them work better for you.
What could be more personal than your health and your experience when you need health care? Yet the health care system can be anything but personal. From finding a doctor or therapist to resolving claims issues, we’re oftentimes left on our own to deal with a complex and confusing system.
That’s why UC is partnering with Accolade to provide an exceptional level of support to every UC Care, Health Savings Plan and CORE PPO plan member. Accolade doesn’t change your medical benefits; it makes them work better for you.
Accolade is offered exclusively to UC Care, Health Savings Plan and CORE PPO plan members.
You’ll continue to have access to the Anthem provider network and Anthem will continue to process claims for care. However, Accolade is now your first point of contact for help with health benefits questions, big or small. Your experience with Accolade is completely confidential and takes the hassle out of benefits for you and your covered family members. You can ask your Health Assistant or nurse questions like:
- Is this procedure covered by my health insurance? How much will I pay if I get the procedure?
- Where can I find an in-network pharmacy near me? What prescriptions are covered? What will I pay? Can I get this drug through mail order? Can you help me find discount coupons?
- Can you help me find a doctor based on my needs and preferences?
- Where is the nearest urgent care facility?
- Can you help me schedule and prepare for my next doctor’s visit?
- Can I get a second opinion on a diagnosis, possible surgery or treatment plan?
- Can you help me understand the information on my claim or Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from my last doctor visit?
You can reach Accolade at (866) 406-1182 (Monday–Friday, 5 a.m.–8 p.m. PT).
Benefits Guidance From Accolade Health Assistants
Accolade helps you get the most out of your PPO plan by connecting you to providers and valuable health programs that make it easier to manage your health care. Health Assistants can answer your questions about finding quality care, understanding health plan coverage and costs, making sense of medical bills and more. Call or message a nurse at (866) 406-1182 (Monday–Friday, 5 a.m.–8 p.m. PT) to discuss symptoms, learn about a condition and explore treatment options.
* Getting support from an Accolade Health Assistant or nurse is provided at no cost to you.
Virtual Care From Accolade Care
With Accolade Care, you can speak with a board-certified doctor or mental health therapist from your phone, tablet or computer — day or night. Known as virtual care these real health care professionals can help you get real care for urgent medical issues, ongoing and chronic conditions, mental health, preventive care, prescriptions and more. Accolade Care doctors can also be assigned as your primary care physician so that you see the same doctor for each virtual visit — making it easier to manage ongoing conditions and creating a trusting relationship with a doctor and care team who are easy to reach. Learn more about Accolade Care.
Expert Medical Opinion From 2nd.MD
2nd.MD is Accolade’s expert medical opinion service. Get a second opinion from a leading specialist at no cost so that you feel confident about a new diagnosis, surgery, treatment plan or medication. Learn more about 2nd.MD.
Outreach From Accolade
To help ensure a smooth journey through the care experience, Accolade may proactively contact UC PPO plan members to ensure you are doing well and accessing the care you need.
See What Other UC PPO Members Are Saying
First of all, I wanted to say what a really lovely person my Health Assistant is. She was so patient and kind and very knowledgeable. She helped me with a couple of things I needed [and] was very thorough in getting me the information I needed. Secondly, I wanted to say how happy I am that UC is working with Accolade and the whole concept of having my own personal advocate and my personal shepherd as I work through the insurance system. This is so wonderful and a fantastic innovation and it makes me feel so much more confident in navigating the insurance system. Thank you so much for all you and your staff do. Blessings on you, your staff and your families.”
This was an incredibly great customer service experience of any type, but certainly for insurance. The person I dealt with was very pleasant, very professional, and very helpful. She answered all my questions properly. She took care of everything I needed to and went above and beyond all in one call. It could not have gone better. Thank you.”
* Accolade and its affiliates (“Accolade”) are not an emergency medical service. Accolade provides a personalized health care information service to support you to better understand and utilize your benefits, receive information from expert medical resources, and facilitate your access to medical care from various health care professionals, including virtual medical care services. Virtual medical care services offered by Accolade are provided through independent professional medical practices, including under the Accolade Care brand, to which Accolade provides various platform and related services.